How do you achieve personal success?
If Success is ‘getting what you want’ and Happiness is ‘wanting what you have’, then Fulfilment is ‘living your Purpose every single day’.
In this first installment of a three-part series, I explore my own personal approach to finding and experiencing Success. Everyone is different – this is simply my own personal list based on 47 years of life so far…
1. Identify your Greatest Imaginable Challenge(s), at the junction of your personal Passions, what you Do Best, and where/how you add most Value to yourself and others.
2. Inspire those around you (especially those you Trust most) to support and encourage your Greatest Imaginable Challenge.
3. Build a Plan with measurable milestones toward your Greatest Imaginable Challenge.
4. Celebrate each and every milestone or progress you achieve.
5. Identify the resources you need (time, talent, people, $….) to accomplish your Greatest Imaginable Challenge.
6. Study those who have accomplished a goal/challenge similar to your Greatest Imaginable Challenge and follow their lead or strategy for Success.
7. Do what you Do Best / Love Most in pursuing your GIC, for everything else, outsource, delegate or hire extraordinary and complementary talent.
8. Find the courage, even in the darkest days. Ask yourself ‘What is the ONE Thing I can do TODAY to improve or simplify my Greatest Imaginable Challenge?’. (If in doubt, schedule a day of rest to renew energy and fight another day.)
9. Believe you deserve it, Dream Big & Live Your Dreams!
10. Stop and celebrate (like you have never celebrated before!) when the Greatest Imaginable Challenge is complete.
In knowing my unique skills and talents that’s the core of who I am, I am able to pivot and create action for personal success. While some find personal success in achieving strategic goals, others see success in the form of relationships, others in hopes for the future or the success of reflecting on the past. Creating a plan tailored for your personal success is imperative for your journey. Through personal coaching and a CliftonStrengths assessment, you can shape your future, fit to the unique powerhouse that is YOU.
For assistance in determining your own Personal Success Strategies, please contact me.