According to MBIE, 58 percent of Kiwi businesses born in 2010 with no employees ceased to exist by 2015.
September 17th, 2022, is the fifth anniversary of running my strengths-based coaching and mentoring practice! I am proud to have survived some significant ups and downs and continue to trade as ChristopherMiller.co.NZ.
Some of the highlights include:
- Building my income up to $24k per month in the first two years in business
- Serving clients around the world, including the USA, Australia, Dubai, and New Zealand
- Hiring an excellent business manager for my practice
- Celebrating 20 years of marriage to an extraordinary woman
- Supporting my eldest son through high school and 1st-year University, holding his first job, and maintaining his commitment to diving
- Supporting my youngest son through to the beginning of high school and a variety of sporting achievements in basketball and diving
- Publishing my first book (The Joy of Finding FISH – a journey of fulfillment, inspiration, success, and happiness)
As with any life, there were also some low points and challenges along the way:
- My wife was diagnosed with a glioblastoma (brain tumour)
- Supporting my wife through two brain surgeries and radiation therapy
- Losing my wife to cancer and holding her hand the moment she took her last breath
- As a result of caring for my wife, seeing my practice income reduce to $0
- Navigating grief, and the absence of purpose and energy required to run my practice
Recently, I have begun rebuilding and am in the process of promoting my book (The Joy of Finding FISH, pictured above) and attracting new clients who are interested in building a great life and business for themselves. I look forward to the next five years and hope the highlights will outweigh the tragedies.