- WHO IS CHRIS MILLER?
Crazy Canadian, married to a Scot, with two talented sons, living in Wellington since 2007, 12 year pharmaceutical management career in the UK, 11 year coaching and management consulting career in New Zealand and Oceania, springboard & platform diver, passionate about personal and business development.
- WHAT IS ‘PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT’ COACHING?
Confidential and deeply personal conversation aimed at improving any aspect of your life including career / Purpose, relationships, personal brand, wealth, health & well-being, peace and making your dreams come true...
- WHAT IS ‘BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT’ COACHING?
A confidential conversation with a business owner or leader aimed at improving any aspect of the business including:
- People - Leadership, employee engagement, Values, Purpose, hiring/firing, management, incentives, inspiration etc...
- Strategy - Direction, Vision, Competitive Landscape, Dramatic Point of Difference, Blunt Overt Benefit, Real Reason to Believe, SWOT, PEST, 3 year strategic moves, 12 month goals
- Execution - 90 day action plans, ONE Thing to inspire the owner AND the business every day, aligning people and resources, playing to everyone’s strengths, including the owner
- Cash - Where to invest and when; financial vs non-financial goals; financial dashboard; cashflow vs profitability
- HOW MANY SESSIONS DO I NEED TO INVEST IN TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Depends. Simple problems / issues / goals may resolve in a few coaching sessions (e.g. resolving a challenging relationship), while more complex problems (dramatic career change / risky business strategy) may take more time.
Typically, my clients usually begin with a workshop (Plan or Life on a Page, Strengths, Work-Life Integration), or 4 sessions with a specific purpose in mind. Most of my clients commit to a 12-month coaching relationship once they have ‘tested the waters’ and, in one extreme case, I have been working with a Wellington business partnership for over 10 years.
- WHAT SHOULD I ASK MY POTENTIAL COACH BEFORE I HIRE THEM?
- How long have you been coaching, and in what capacity? (E.g corporate/executive, personal development, business development (what size of businesses have they coached?), well-being, financial etc.)
- Where did you train and what tools do you typically use? (E.g. accreditation, self-assessment tools)
- Which of your current and / or past clients can I speak with before I hire you? (At least 3)
- What’s your proudest coaching success story(s)?